Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 2013 Brain Teaser Solution


Q: 2 Pencil Problems: 
1. I have some pencils and some jars.  If I put 4 pencils into each jar I will have one jar left over.  If I put 3 pencils into each jar I will have one pencil left over. How many pencils and how many jars? 
2. Again I have some pencils and some jars.  If I put 9 pencils into each jar I will have two jars left over.  If I put 6 pencils into each jar I will have three pencils left over. How many pencils and how many jars?

A: 1.  5 jars   16 pencils

2. 7 jars 45 pencils  
(9p*J)-18 = (6p*J)+3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A practice test for students who wish to take a GED class is necessary because it can help prepare them from the actual examination. Since there are five main subjects involved in one entire class, these practice tests can help students know where to focus their attention first and which topics should they study more of since these are the ones included in the examination.

best ged book